Friday, November 2, 2007

Mystery To Me

Supposedly a little mystery is good for a marriage, but I often thought of that as meaning the beauty secrets of women and not the mind boggling actions of men. D is wonderful, but here are a few things that I don't understand and some of them just drive me crazy.
  1. Unloading the dishwasher: D is very helpful in the kitchen in general. He doesn't even mind unloading the dishwasher, which is something I hate to do. He puts away the glasses, bowls, plates, and even the Tupperware-esque pieces in their proper places--but then he leaves the silverware in the dishwasher and begins to load the dirty dishes! I can't tell you how many times we've had cupboards full of dishes but no silverware.
  2. Vacuuming and scrubbing: D loves our Dyson. He vacuums all the time. He will even use the carpet cleaner on occasion without being asked. D also likes to scrub out the sink and wipe down the counters. This is wonderful. The only thing I don't understand is why he will not move the paper and clutter to a reasonable place before his surface cleaning begins. No, he doesn't clean around it, he just puts everything in a bag or box and puts it somewhere.
  3. Adding to the grocery list: I grocery shop every two weeks, more frequently on occasion. Starting a few days before I go, I ask D what he would like me to buy. He can never answer because he 'isn't hungry.' Ummm, what does that have to do with the next two weeks? So he always gets the same things (I keep a list of random things he likes and requests) and then I try to update the list every month or so.
  4. Things don't get low, they are all of a sudden GONE: As part of my inquiry before shopping trips, I ask if he needs any body wash, shaving cream, etc (we have our own bathrooms) and he never needs any of the above. A few days after I have gone grocery shopping, however, he is out of every hygiene product imaginable. There must be a metro sexual gremlin in his bathroom.
  5. The tan that lasts forever: D golfs a lot in the summer and he gets quite tan from that and the yard work. I understand that. What I don't understand is that he is still tan until March. MARCH! And then he starts to golf again in April or early May, so we have the same skin tone for all of 5 weeks. It's not fair. I hope our hypothetical future children get his complexion instead of my pasty white skin.

No comments: