Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Day Of Work And Bowling

You can tell it's November when I'm bowling all the time and also have to work on the weekends. This month is short on workdays and weekends, but apparently that makes it appealing for organizations to cram everything into.

This morning I was at work. We had a luncheon for donors and students. It's an easy event to work and it went incredibly well--it just took up time. At least I was served delicious pot roast for my efforts.

After changing out of my snazzy pink tweed suit (That's right, pink tweed. Oh yeah.) I put on my cute black and white bowling shirt. I didn't think it was possible to be in two such extremely different venues in one day. Although when I'm bowling with my tournament team it is rarely the 'bowling alley' you imagine or see on TV. These are mostly women's tournaments and even when we're bowling with/against the men, people there are competitive--not wearing wife beaters or My Drinking Team has a Bowling Problem T-shirts. Bowling is an odd thing as it is both a recreational activity and a competitive sport.

The center was not as kind to us as it could have been today. For starters, it was hot. My Degree was activated. Also, it took forever to get my food. And we just didn't score as well as we would have liked. We'll do better tomorrow. Yes, another full day in a bowling center. But, this time I don't have to go into work as well; and we're wearing teal.

1 comment:

L Sass said...

Heh. I bowled in college, but it was very heavy on the drinking and very light on the bowling. Needless to say, I'm still miserable at it.