Monday, August 6, 2007

Weekend Ramblings

I had so many things I wanted to write about over the weekend, but did I bother to make a list? No! So I'm just going to shoot from the hip and we'll see what happens.

My weekend included watching old guys golf, seeing Matt Damon look less hot than usual, teaching my dogs "Back" and buying some of the cutest and some of the ugliest shoes. Sounds fun, huh?

D got golf tickets from a client for the 3M Championship at TPC this weekend. We went on Friday and Saturday, and then he went with friends on Sunday. We had a lot of fun walking the course and hanging out in the 3M tent. We ate entirely too much, and despite covering ourselves in sunscreen, we both got burned. We followed Thorpe, Irwin, Watson, Jenkins, etc. We also saw Lee Trevino and Chi Chi Rodriguez. Oh, and I almost walked into Tom Watson in the 3M tent! I was highly embarrassed, but I don't think he knew that I was inches away from colliding with him as I headed to the ice cream cooler. I'm so awesome.

Oh, and I bought a new pair of Crocs at TPC. This is my third pair. Yes, I'm a bit obsessed. And no, these were not 'some of the cutest shoes'. I know they're ugly.

Saturday morning we had our first training lesson for the dogs. Q and Carter were quick to let her know just what they needed to work on as they were jumping so much she couldn't even get in the door. It was like Greeting Olympics! Who can jump the highest? Who can whine the loudest? Who can kiss her face first? I believe Q was the gold medalist in all of these competitions, but Carter really stepped it up from previous visitor greetings to show Maureen just how much obedience training he really needs. We made progress. D and I were trained (and you thought dog training was for the dogs--it's really for the owners!) and we think we can work on a few things before our next lesson. Do we have any volunteers to visit us as we're working on greeting? No? That's a surprise. We had our participants on Sunday. They had no idea what they were in for. Thank God we have 3 more lessons.

Oh, I also bought a pair of black leather, peep toe wedge slingbacks (that was a mouthful), so I think that redeems me for my Crocs purchase. And we saw Bourne Ultimatum. I liked it, but it wasn't as good as the first two. Parts of the movie seemed more like a comedy of errors than the Action/Adventure/Drama that it's being billed as--but I still found it enjoyable and if they make another Bourne, I'll definitely see it.

On a final note; we drove on University Ave this morning on the way to work. This was our first in-person look at 35W since the bridge collapsed last week. It was exactly the same and completely different from how I imagined it. While the news footage has captured all the angles and covered the tragedy non-stop, seeing it for myself impacted me in a whole new way.

1 comment:

-R- said...

I really liked the Bourne movie. Although I had to close my eyes during the fight with Desh because it was just making me dizzy, and I couldn't tell what was going on anyway.

The black shoes sound cute!