Thursday, October 25, 2007

Eye Candy: Calorie Free, Dentist Approved

  1. Yesterday the dentist shot me up with Novocain so he could fix my bite. (This is due to a recent filling which I’m still upset about.)
  2. While my mouth was paralyzed and I felt like I was drooling (although friends constantly reassured me that I wasn’t) I ran up to the bowling center and saw an old high school crush.
  3. Normally I wouldn’t care what I looked like at said bowling center (which is why I went directly after the dentist) but I would have probably made an extra effort had I known I was going to run into said high school crush (this goes back to me wanting to look pulled together for the ‘just in case’ moments life throws out).
  4. He was engrossed in the arcade video games so I wasn’t terribly worried that he would see me in my expressionless, thick tongued state. And he wasn’t as cute as I remembered him either.
  5. On Saturday I potentially get to see another crush.
  6. It isn’t actually a crush, it’s more that he’s really good looking and many of the other men around him are not, and since he’s nice but quiet, it’s fun to over exaggerate and act giddy with a select group of women about the slightest bit of attention.
  7. It’s kind of like a random cute guy at a coffee shop—you don’t want anything to happen, but it’s nice to be noticed. It’s the same thing; we just take it to a high school crush level.
  8. In more tooth-related and less crush-worthy news, my teeth are very sensitive to cold right now and even though the cavities and recent fillings are NOT MY FAULT, I’m feeling guilty about eating anything sugary-sweet.
  9. (I also have a thing for misusing parentheses and hyphens—just look at this entry!)
  10. No, I’m not going to edit it; it’s the way I type. It’s my style.
  11. So because of the guilt factor and also the fear of finding out that yet another tooth that is ‘sealed’ is not really sealed and that a cavity is really forming under there no matter how often I brush and floss and rinse, I’m going back on the Healthy Eating Plan and to the boards at SparkPeople.
  12. I’m also going to start eating better because the last several weeks of drinking frou frou coffees and eating pastries like they’re going out of style have taken their toll. Not only can I feel it (sluggish from the sugar high and crash) but I can now see it.
  13. I’m going to do my best to resist the waxy goodness of candy corn for the benefit of my waist and molars!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, wow. Reading this was like reading something I wrote myself. Right down to the overuse of parentheses and hyphens.

I've had more trouble than I care to think about with a recent dentist trip. It's led me to finding a new office.

Eventhough I'm married now it's still a huge confidence boost to be "noticed" by someone other than my husband.

Good luck resisting the candy corn. I can't seem to do that.

KM said...

I used to love the dentist, but maybe that's because I always got good news. I switched dentists a few years ago and he's been OK, but not great and now I'm hearing bad news so I don't like it at all.

A league bowler promised me BAGS of candy corn on Halloween. I'm a little scared to show up at bowling next Wednesday--my will power sucks!