Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Doughnut vs. Donut

First, let me say that I really miss Mister Donut. I used to have doughnuts with my grandparents all the time, and on my birthday we would get a box from Mister Donut--chocolate cake doughnuts with coconut--YUM. (And yes, you read correctly--chocolate cake doughnuts. I do not like chocolate, but I really loved this particular chocolate cake doughnut.)

Moving on. Kind of. I prefer donut to doughnut. I think it looks better. I like it's simplicity. My fingers would also prefer to type it. But, as an English major I must insist on doughnut.

So, the reason this is my chosen topic of the day is simply that one of my coworkers proclaimed, and others immediately agreed, that I am not a doughnut person. Some well-meaning-but-healthy-eating-plan-screwer-upper brought in doughnuts today. As I walked over to survey my options and try to decide whether or not any of them looked appealing enough, Mr. Coworker said, "KM! You're going to eat a doughnut? You're not a doughnut person." In shock, I asked, "Then what kind of person am I?" No answer. So I posed the question to Google and it brought me to a quiz.

You Are a Glazed Donut

Okay, you know that you're plain - and you're cool with that.

You prefer not to let anything distract from your sweetness.

Your appeal is understated yet universal. Everyone digs you.

And in a pinch, you'll probably get eaten.
Oh no! I put a blogthing in my blog! I've become that blogger. Way to get off on the wrong foot. Oh well. The topic really called for it. Really. Oh well, I hope you come back anyway!

By the way, I did end up eating a doughnut. It was a plain cake doughnut. And it was delicious. Now I'm off to ponder what kind of pastry person I am.

No comments: